Social Media Manager
Unicorn Island is in search of a full-time Social Media Manager to execute social
strategy for its philanthropic and social impact work. Unicorn Island uses the power of
storytelling to make the world a more just and equitable place. This role is largely
focused on Unicorn Island’s charitable arm, Unicorn Island Fund (UIF), which has a
specific focus on empowering girls and women in India.
The role requires a highly professional individual with multiple years of social media
experience. The candidate must have a thorough understanding of various social
platforms (Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, Facebook), experience managing a social
calendar and strong ability to use social scheduling/optimization tools.
In addition, the candidate must be familiar with the gender equality advocacy space and
current affairs as the role involves copywriting and ideating against our mission.
This is not an entry-level position. This is a hybrid remote position (work from home +
in-person). Must be based in North America.
We’re offering competitive company sponsored benefits, including medical and vision
packages and a paid time off policy.
● Create a social strategy that aligns and advances UI/UIF’s social impact work
● Create a long-lead social calendar that encompasses all upcoming collabs,
events, educational posts and tentpole moments in the gender equality space
● Write educational and accessible/on trend captions that align with UI/UIF’s voice
● Schedule approved posts across various platforms, optimizing for each one
● Constantly evolve social strategy based on current affairs and culture
● Identify and report on new trends
● Remain up to date on new platforms and best practices.
● Oversee social performance, KPI, reporting, etc.
● Assist in social capture during live events, conferences, shoots, etc.
● Work with an in-house team to coordinate assets, editing needs, posts, etc.
● Ideate social concepts for talent collaborations and tentpole moments
● Assist with basic video editing for social assets
● 5 years minimum social media experience
● Experience working in the gender equality advocacy space
● Strong command of current events
● Understanding of gender norms and culture in India, preferred
● Strong writing skills
● Experience working with a team
● Strong organizational skills
● Proficient in Gmail, Google Drive, Dropbox, Trello, etc.
● Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
● Very thorough understanding of social media platforms and functionality
● Familiarity with social media management tools, scheduling, and analytics
● Basic photo/video editing skills
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org